Friday 17 December 2010

Last Christmas


I was just musing about the song 'Last Christmas' and I had a quick thought. What did I write in the blog about my feelings about Christmas a year ago? I went back and had a look. I guess it's not really plagiarising if you simply lift your own writing, although it could be seen as being a tad lazy. But I actually quite like the mood of what I wrote back then so I'm taking the easy route and putting it down again:

"Not long to go now. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t care what your religious predilection is or the fact that the holiday season is really the shopping season for many. Bottom line is the season stands for “good”. Not hatred, or anger, or retribution or all the many other meanie moods that just happen to pop up every day of the year. And it’s not as if we don’t see hurt and bloodshed and tears at Christmas. Because we do. But it’s what the time represents that’s important. You can’t help but expect some people to try to poo poo things like love and happiness and good. And you may not even be in the festive mood. But just remember this: it all comes out of a sense of goodwill to everyone."

I still believe the same now. Merry Christmas to you all.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely last sentence.

    I'm Muslim by faith, and though we don't really celebrate Christmas as such as a family, I think it's a good thing. In this country (UK), everyone's in a rush, and Christmas is probably one of the only times that some families get together and have quality family time.

    But did you know, technically speaking once you publish something, you have to reference your own work. I found that out doing uni essays. :P

    Merry Christmas to you!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Nas - glad that the spirit of the season is being appreciated and enjoyed across the world. Season's greetings to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays to All! Thank you Street Guru!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays to you too, Ajor!

    ReplyDelete