Wednesday 22 July 2015

Making the Most of This Blog

I've been writing this blog for a while now, sometimes consistently, very often sporadically. It initially started out as a way for me to air my musing. Some were good, some were just plain fluffy nonsense. But that was the whole idea - write some comments that may provide a bit of entertainment for readers, while massaging my ego at the same time.

Over the last year, I've started to touch more on the world of personal finance, sometimes overlapping with the world of personal development. That kind of made sense given that my background is in banking and all things finance, while I've also trained to be a life coach. The problem with providing a few vague insights here and there is that it's never clear as to how much value the reader gets from it, while there's also no real accountability for my intent behind the writing.

Because I now work for myself, I've had some time to think about where I should be directing my time and energies, and what goals I want to pursue. Fundamentally, I'm keen on building enterprises and income streams that make me less reliant on an employer, the government, a fairy godmother. I've always had an interest in passive income ideas plus, more recently, the world of online earning opportunities. And it's time for me to start taking responsibility.

So with this in mind I've decided to make a shift in this blog. In base terms, I'm going to be looking at different money-making opportunities out there, whether that is purely online concepts or interesting insights I've picked up elsewhere. It could be products, it could be services, it could even be the simple psychology behind money. I'll also be chronicling my (incredibly gradual) journey into the world of building passive income streams and creating financial freedom.

I'm not the first to try this and I'm not foolish enough to think that it will be easy or smooth. But hopefully outlining things in the blog can add some focus and accountability to my efforts. Hopefully, it can also inspire you and give you a reason for returning to the blog. It may even show you what NOT to do.

Upfront, some of the online opportunities I feature may have affiliate or referral programs attached to them, and to be transparent there may be times I get commission if you sign up. You won't be obliged to sign up, though obviously any sign up through this route will be gratefully appreciated.

Importantly, I have no intention of directing you towards any old dog of an opportunity. Hopefully I can put in place a bit of quality control. And definitely nothing illegal. The world's too full of people looking to make a quick buck or looking to shaft someone, and that's just not me. There's a karma to all of this and sharing ideas while taking a "slow and steady wins the race" approach works for me.

So this is my starting point. I'm looking forward to this little journey that we're now on!


2 comments: