Thursday 15 October 2015

The Online Income Odyssey Continues

Recent endeavors to build an income stream online have taken a detour (again). I’ve managed to do a couple of writing gigs via PeoplePerHour and Scripted in recent weeks. But my intention of trying to focus on high-value opportunities has stuttered this month but for a good reason.

One of my big principles behind earning money online (in fact, earning money in general) is to create passive income streams.

The dream of being able to work anywhere on my own terms and to be able to earn money while sleeping was first planted in my head when I read Rich Dad Poor Dad, Robert Kiyosaki’s seminal work on moving away from a “trading your time for money” mindset to one where assets work for you. It’s what led me to buy an investment property some time back (which thankfully is doing well) and has got me thinking a lot over the years about building online businesses.

As a result, much of my recent time has been invested in learning as much as I possibly can about information product marketing. We all have knowledge of some sort, we all have life experiences and we all have skills. It’s all about finding the right way in which to package this content and delivering the information to an audience willing to purchase what you have to offer.

Obviously, it’s easier said than done. Still, with a bit of hard work and a nice slice of luck hopefully I’ll make some inroads. I did get a lot of great insights from FredGleeck.com, which even offers a free course. On top of that I’ve been trying to sweat what I can for free out of a number of other sources: Pat Flynn's fabulous Smart Passive Income site; The Official Get Rich Guide to Information Marketing: Build a Million Dollar Business Within 12 Months (which I borrowed from the library); the Rise to the Top podcast; and so on.

I’ve certainly pivoted again from the path I originally set out on with these blogs, though I will still be looking into the more conventional online earning opportunities. But I really do feel that looking into the information product space is more representative of where I want to be in the future – a path that may allow me to take control of my destiny. This will also include my blog: Finance Jobs Hunt.

Hopefully I’ll be able to juggle both the long-term investment concept and nearer-term high-value opportunities. That’s the plan anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment