Saturday 3 November 2018

Income Report: October

It wasn't a great month for me in terms of side income. I was out of town for a whole week for business (i.e. the day job) and wasn't able to push on with all my grand plans.

There is a bit of groundhog day with a lot of this and I know that if I don't get things sorted sooner rather than later the world of business interests might pass me by.

I want it to be a strong end to the year, but I vaguely remember saying that last year. I've reviewed what I do already but I'm really keen to push my passive income world to kick on.

Anyway, how was October?

Resume Writing: $637. I did a bit of work here for my consistent freelance work provider. But I also had a bite from a local customer wanting to know more about my service. If I don't win this job I really need to review my approach and pricing because I'm yet to get any work independently. Maybe it's my pricing, maybe it's fact that I'm looking to provide a streamed down version of my services.

Additional Writing: $0. I've been too distracted to do my usual career writing side gig. I've got a couple of commissions that I intend to do over the coming week, which should give me a bit of money for November.

Stock Dividends: $0. I continue to buy stocks that give me a bit of a dividend payout but I didn't receive any dividend payments over the month

Ebooks: $6. I've had my books listed on Amazon for some time now. My three books (Cryptocurrency Job Hunting for Non-TechiesThe Simple Guide to a Winning LinkedIn Profile and Craft a Winning Resume) are all ticking along. I saw a sale on Kobo and have added Barnes and Noble to the mix. It ticks over. That's all I have to say.

Coaching: $0. No coaching this month. I've got a session next week so that will reinvigorate this space.

Other: $0. Nothing on the Amazon Merch and Amazon Affiliate Income front.  Yes, dull, dull, dull

Total: $643. Better than last month but hardly pulling up trees, as I'd like to say. But as long as I start developing some of my long-term aspirations, I'll be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment