Sunday 31 May 2020

Income report: May

COVID-19 has really changed the way I'm looking at all of this. But at the same time, it's pushed me further into paralysis. I know that the way forward is multiple streams of income. I've always thought that. But now I'm a bit stuck in my head as to what I should be pursuing and what's the best return on my energy.

Maybe it's a luxury that I'm thinking all of this with a job to fall back on, income streams that I can go back to, and a bit of a financial buffer as well. But I'm scared that if the push comes to the shove I'll be overwhelmed by a need to generate a sufficient level of income.

I keep jumping around as to what I should be learning as well. After all, I realize that I can't stay static with my income-generating skills and I haven't done much in recent years. Again, putting cash to work to upskill is a luxury that not everyone can afford. I'm just fully aware that I need to strike now before the world really turns and circumstances force my hand rather than the other way around. But motivation, focus, and confidence aren't the best at the moment.

In other words, I'm not happy with my current portfolio, current positioning, and current direction. I need to not be simply copy-pasting the same income narrative month in, month out because that isn't going to be good enough in a few years' time.

Ok, that's enough of my existential crisis for now. This has been my month:

Resume Writing: $0. Still waiting for my client to get their act together and kick off our agreed contract.

Additional Writing: $230.  This is my regular writing gig which is ticking over well right now.

Stock Dividends: $1,045. As mentioned recently, this passive income approach is not foolproof, as many companies have suspended their dividend payments recently. But it continues to pay me cash periodically. I need to keep reinvesting it in the market, which is quite hard in this volatile period.

Interest: $15. This will tick over at this steady level. I have no intention of pushing harder for this, given the low-interest rate world we live in.

Ebooks: $2. Still quiet. Amazon isn't working much for me, but I've managed to sell on Kobo. (Beginner's Guide to Online Side HustlesCryptocurrency Job Hunting for Non-TechiesThe Simple Guide to a Winning LinkedIn Profile, and Craft a Winning Resume).

Coaching: $0. No sessions.

Other: $0. No special add-ons this month.

Total: $1,292. Saved by my dividend payments. I'm kind of a bit lost at the moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment