Friday 10 June 2022

Represent

“Don't explain your philosophy. Embody it.”  – Epictetus.

One of my biggest weaknesses is being smart. I do say that half in jest, but I've always been a thinker. Pseudo-intellectual, if you will. The trouble with that has been I've been excellent at conceptualizing and horrible at execution. Absolutely dreadful.

I've got so caught up with proving how right I am, how clever my thought process is, how mind-blowing my insights are, I haven't got close to following through on a lot of things.

At the route of it is a combination of a lack of focus and fear. Sometimes my thoughts are so diffused I get lost in the layers of thinking (and that's something I'm finding in writing these blog posts recently). 

But at the crux is a lowish tolerance to failure. It has to be perfect or not at all. The fact that I know all this means that I'm looking at different ways in which to drive action. (I'm also well aware that by talking about it all now, I'm very subtly procrastinating that bit more).

So I'm going to look to practice what I preach. Be more dynamic. Represent an ideal. Embody it, as the quote above says. Live by the principle of Be-Do-Have.

Ok, I've been here before. I just need to keep reminding myself what I'm trying to achieve. Personal and financial freedom.

So time to do things bit by bit. Iterate. And learn along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment