Sunday 6 December 2009

Ain't no sunshine

It's amazing what a Monday morning in December can look like. Maybe it would be another matter if I was somewhere in the southern hemisphere or was chilling in Arizona or Florida. But I'm not. No, it's always that time of year when it gets that little bit harder to roll out of bed; it's colder and damper and with the sands of time slowly ebbing away for the year, the holiday season is already weighing on your mind.

That's why this morning, I decided it was time for a "bout of the flu" and was only too happy to wrap myself up in my duvet while I emailed work my absence. To be honest, I've got a bit of a sniffle anyway but the dreary picture outside simply helped make up my mind. Still, it doesn't mean that the grey skies and constant pitter-patter of rain is going to ruin my day. The fact that I'm stuck inside means that I can finally do some of the many incidental chores that I need to do. I can plan. I can declutter. I can actually get some value out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment