Saturday 2 November 2019

Income Report: October

Most of my focus has been to work on my new site (financejobshunt.com). It's still early days but I like the way it's starting to shape up. I just need to get focused on SEO as traffic is currently minimal. But I've signed up for a course on Udemy and that should raise the bar on all things backlinks and the like).

Beyond that, I've focused a lot on my investment portfolio and how I can better build passive income streams. Dividends are the obvious one but I've also looking to be more efficient with my money management - i.e. stop leaking money and start putting more savings into higher interest-bearing accounts.

It was an expensive month overall but I still feel on top of my progress, slow as it tends to be.

In the meantime, this has been my month.

Resume Writing: $134. I rationed myself to a bit of work. If I'm able to make more time for myself, I may start to do a bit more. It's important to keep my hand in

Additional Writing: $0.  Nope. This has completely dried up. It's fine for now.

Stock Dividends: $520.  This was a decent month for me. As previously mentioned, this is a time-honored investment strategy that works. Dividends aren't paid out every month but it's nice when they are. I then reinvest.

Interest: $30. It ticks along but is never going to move the dial.

Ebooks: $3. Still quiet. But still a portfolio (Beginner's Guide to Online Side HustlesCryptocurrency Job Hunting for Non-TechiesThe Simple Guide to a Winning LinkedIn Profile and Craft a Winning Resume).

Coaching: $0. No sessions.

Other: $0. Nothing

Total: $689. Ths dividends made the month. I haven't yet kicked on, as this is pretty much a normal month for extra pocket money. But I'm fully aware that this is a slow and steady game.

No comments:

Post a Comment