Saturday 4 April 2020

Income Report: March

We are living in challenging times. When I wrote last month's report, I had no expectation that we would be in such a state of social and economic lockdown.

I now have no doubt that when we come out of all of this, many things would have changed. Some good - hopefully, we'll be able to make more time for our fellow man and the environment. Some, not so good - the economic ramifications are going to be sizeable and possibly lasting.

As for building side income, I still completely believe that we should all have that in our makeup. Some that are able to navigate all of this the best are those that aren't 100% reliant on their day job for cash flow and meaning.

At the same time, the idea of striving for millions of pounds, dollars or whatever the relevant currency, isn't top of my list. Maybe it never was. But I do feel that sometimes "enough is enough". The time I would be spending to build a bigger and more lucrative enterprise could perhaps be better invested in time spent with friends and family. That's today's viewpoint anyway.

Fundamentally, though, I still have the desire to keep creating so that I have options. A portfolio career provides that. So I'll continue to work on my site Finance Jobs Hunt, attract more writing gigs and make sure I can monetize more online. 

In the meantime, in terms of this month:

Resume Writing: $0. I've decided that I don't want to continue to freelance for the UK company at the moment. At the same time, the onset of the recession will provide so many opportunities for me to build my own thing.

Additional Writing: $176.  My new PeoplePerHour writing gig continues. It's a regular writing option for me, which is good.

Stock Dividends: $0.  No dividend payments for me this month, though dividends remain a cornerstone for me.  It's an investment strategy that works. I bought some more exchange-traded funds this month. It's about the long game.

Interest: $28. It ticks along but is never going to move the dial.

Ebooks: $3. Still need to push this more. I've signed up for Feiyr.com and am waiting to get some momentum with my collection (Beginner's Guide to Online Side HustlesCryptocurrency Job Hunting for Non-TechiesThe Simple Guide to a Winning LinkedIn Profile and Craft a Winning Resume).

Coaching: $0. No sessions.

Other: $0. 

Total: $207. Nothing major this month. But now's the time to double down before the recession wave kicks in. My job is safe enough for now. But that can change overnight. Now I need to get things moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment