Tuesday 10 February 2009

When will I be famous?

Those boys at Bros put it so well. Growing up on the mean streets of South London, I always wondered where I’d end up in life. Would I become someone or be a no-one? Would I get my moment in the sun, find my face splayed across the front cover of some daily tabloid red-top on the arm of a bunny girl or just be another face in the crowd. We've possibly all had that dream at some point of being rich and famous and celebrated and.... And what's the point here? There’s nothing wrong in dreaming about a “better” tomorrow as long as you’re living a bit in the right here, right now. Ok, we’re all conditioned to strive towards something – a good job, a brand spanking new bike, that knight in shining armour. But what if you get it? Will that make you happy? Not necessarily. So, when will I be famous? Don't know. Sometime if it’s meant to be. Sometimes it’s just going to take a little longer than you hoped. But in the meantime, there's a whole lot of living to be doing right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment