Thursday 5 March 2009

TGIF and some

This morning my alarm clock radio kicked in with a bit of Neil Sedeka crooning away, with my eyes taking very little time to adjust to the new day and before I knew it I was simply bouncing out of my slumber. The grey cloud that had seemed to hover over my bed and which had followed me to the bathroom for much of the week had somehow disappeared. And out of nowhere I found an extra spring in my step. Yep, I've got that Friday feeling again. Let's face it, we all know that Friday has no more and no less seconds, minutes and hours to its bow than any other day. The air is no fresher and there's no guarantee, as far as I'm aware, of any extra sunshine. But what it does represent is a doorway to possibilities of the coming few days and that gives us that extra bit of a kick. I am truly thankful that I'm able to at least be in a position to get that extra push simply from a day in the week - let's face it, I'm a living, breathing bundle of fun with something to hope for. Still, my goal somewhere down the line is to be able to celebrate every day the same - when TGIF may as well be TGIM. That's really what I should be shooting for. A more balanced existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment