Thursday 29 October 2009

The extra 5%

It's been a while since I've managed to find time to hit this blog. Or rather, I've managed to discover a whole host of genuine reasons and two-bit excuses that have halted my march towards finding and providing enlightenment.

I was just about to give the blog the old, "Well, I'm sure I'll find a bit of time at the weekend", when I remembered the 5% rule. Actually, it came to me earlier today while waiting for the lift as I escaped grey suit heaven to head home. But it's only now that I've realised it's actually quite easy to apply. In a nutshell, the principle is all about creating great things very slowly. It's all about seeing the value in small changes rather than an all-guns-blazing tussle with a gigantic life-changing challenge here and now - the likes of which quite frankly tend to send me running for the hills. Or at the very least, force my feet back onto the table and remote control back into my hand for a little while longer.

So this approach is about the slow and steady march in the right direction. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that. So what's that got to do with the blog? Well, today the approach was all about finding just 5% more effort (or 5% less TV time) to enable me to get writing again - which is a good thing. And, of course, the 5% approach gave me something to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment