Saturday 31 October 2009

Keep pushing on

So continuing my new-found drive to go just that little bit further, this morning I attended a work family sports day. Now, to provide a bit of context, the idea of 'giving up' a Saturday morning just to indulge in some random non-Olympic games with individuals I felt I'd had quite enough of Monday to Friday, thank you very much, had overwhelmed me with apathy for the last few weeks. I could be doing something so much better like staying in bed a bit longer, watching the chart rundown on MTV or just spend my time staring out of my living room window. And I don't have family to take to this thing anyway.

But last night I had a "try it, you might like it" epiphany and before I knew it I was at the pick up point at 9.15 am sharp to meet up with a group of people whose names I still can't remember. Over the next four hours or so we bonded, sweated, won, lost, laughed, ate and sweated some more. And I'm not embarrassed to say I actually enjoyed it, not least putting a human face to some of the robots in the Finance department. So I guess I've got to keep pushing on with this new approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment