Tuesday 14 April 2009

Nothing in particular

It's amazing how easy it is to take your foot off the gas. When I started my detox a few weeks back, part of the grand plan was to write more of my blog in a more creative, carefree and erudite manner. I'd feed my mind with inspiring thoughts and I'd advance my cause towards wherever I need and intend to go.

Well, life kicked in and I didn't quite get round to all of that. In fact, only last night there I was sitting at home with the television on in the background, playing a random game on my mobile phone. I must have spent a good hour mucking about with that thing. And before I knew it, it was bedtime. As I started preparing for bed, I was (metaphorically speaking) kicking myself. It doesn't take a lot to distract me sometimes. But, hey, that's life. I had some very good periods during the detox. And in life in general, there will be the good days, there will be the grand days, and there will be the days I play a not-very-good game on my mobile phone. On balance, I think I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment