Thursday 18 June 2009

Some day my whatever will come

There’s nothing wrong at all in setting goals. Hell, I give myself a metaphorical clip round the ear once in a while for my lack of goal setting. But just because ‘nice stuff’ can be expected from the resolution of an event or the achievement of a long-held desire, it doesn’t mean you should ignore all the time between the start and finishing lines. “When I finish this project, then I will be happy...When this situation is resolved, I will be fine... When I reach my goal, I will finally relax.” It’s best not to postpone your happiness for some future unknown. Enjoy what's in front of you. All that waiting could be for nothing anyway. It could all turn out to be for that proverbial cold dinner that you now realise wasn’t even that nice when it was hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment